[SCA-Dance] Fwd: Dancing at non-dance events

David Learmonth david.a.learmonth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:18:57 EST 2014

I've been in that position too.  We've been trying to put some of the
responsibility back on the Autocrats, by asking what they expect of the
dancing, what they are hoping for, and what they can do to help encourage
it at the event (before and during the event)?

We had an event here recently where the autocrat advertised that there
would be Dancing at the event, and put it on the schedule.  But the funny
thing was, that all us dance teachers were asking each other "are you going
to that event?  who is running the dancing?".  The autocrat didn't actually
ask anyone, she just assumed it would happen if it was on the schedule.
 Oops!

So with that in mind, and with the idea of coordinating and focusing
efforts, a few of us in our area have made certain that people know to
contact us if they want to discuss dance plans, and we also take an active
effort to contact events ahead of time, to make sure we know if dance is in
the plans.  (well, at least if they've published it, asked for it, or if we
think it would be a good event for it).

Darius