[SCA-Dance] Fwd: Dancing at non-dance events

Justin du coeur jducoeur at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:49:41 EST 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM, David Learmonth <
david.a.learmonth at gmail.com> wrote:

> We had an event here recently where the autocrat advertised that there
> would be Dancing at the event, and put it on the schedule.  But the funny
> thing was, that all us dance teachers were asking each other "are you going
> to that event?  who is running the dancing?".  The autocrat didn't actually
> ask anyone, she just assumed it would happen if it was on the schedule.
>  Oops!

Yeah, that's a common rookie autocratting mistake.  We've actually had it
happen more often to the fighters than dance, I think, where the autocrat
didn't bother to check whether the Knight Marshal could be there before
scheduling fighting.

But the one we get hit by *all* the time is the musicians -- even when the
autocrat thinks to talk to the dancemaster, they frequently forget to check
whether the *band* can make it.  That's caused serious heartburn and
resentment more than once...