[SCA-Dance] Fwd: Dancing at non-dance events

Justin du coeur jducoeur at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:13:45 EST 2014

[And another resend]

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 11:04 AM, David Learmonth <
david.a.learmonth at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for getting the space / time at an event, in Ealdormere we do have a
> lot of autocrats who would like to see dance happening, and so for the
> afternoon at least (for an hour or so before court / feast), that aspect
> hasn't been too much of an issue.

Yeah, ditto.  We've more often had to take the weird position where an
autocrat has put dance onto the schedule, and I've had to say, "Seriously
-- I've looked at your schedule, and I think dance is going to suck.  Can
we take it off?"  That's hard, but I think that being picky about it, and
only running dance at the events where it seems realistic, has generally
helped things a bit.

(This may be a regional thing.  I suspect that northern/indoor Kingdoms
have more of a tradition of dance as an assumption than southern/outdoor
ones...)