[SCA-Dance] Music for Petite Rose, The Health, Glory of the West?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sun Apr 13 15:03:58 EDT 2014

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014, Aaron Macks <upelluri at gmail.com> wrote:
> "The Glory of the West" -
> There's also a copy on "John Playford, the english dancing master" by
> John Wright, et al. I don't know any source for this recording except
> this: http://time-has-told-me.blogspot.com/2009/12/va-john-playford.html
> of possibly dubious legality

Oh, I had that!  A bit brisk for dancers unfamiliar with it, but not
*too* bad.  But it too repeats the chorus.

I bought
Glory_of_the_West__Broadside_Band__John_Playford__Popular_Tunes_in_17th_Century_England
off Amazon.  It's a bit slower ... but also repeats the chorus.

And I hope nobody here worked on the user interface for Audacity,
because, due to that user interface, that is by far the most
hideously frustrating program I have ever tried to use.

I have three copies of the Gaita CD on order, for Petite Rose.  And
I'd forgotten they did Gresly dances -- woot.

Dankyn de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com