[SCA-Dance] German dances?

Mikuláš migulas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 16:46:03 EDT 2013

Yes, it's the Nurnber manuscript, wit Italian hits such as Amoroso an
Roti-boully. There is a copy at Greg's web pages (
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/nurnberg/) and translation in Smith.

You might as well do some Allemande, Arbeau believes it's of a German
origin, and the name sure suggest so: "L’allemande est une dance plaine de
mediocre gravité, familiere aux Allemands, & croy qu’elle soit de noz plus
anciennes, car nous sommes descendus des Allemands".

Also, you could probably get away with basse dances from Brussels
manuscript, since Margarette d'Autriche was a daughter of Maxmilian the
1st, emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, which covers basicly whole today
Germany...

That's all my tips, good luck and let us know if you think of something
else!

Mikuláš

emil - migulas at gmail.com
--
Rond, o.s. | Radovánky a kratochvíle dávných časů. Osvěta v oblasti starého
tance, společenský repertoár 1450—1890 a evropský bal-folk. |

Treizh | Chansons de Bretagne à trois voix. | http://bandzone.cz/treizh
BAL LAB | Close musical encounters of the dance kind! |
http://bandzone.cz/ballab
ba.fnu | Bal folk nuevo. TraMiditional dance music. |
http://bandzone.cz/bafnu