[SCA-Dance] German dances?

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Sep 10 17:40:26 EDT 2013

On Tue, 10 Sep 2013, Mikul_ <migulas at gmail.com> wrote:
> You might as well do some Allemande, Arbeau believes it's of a
> German origin, and the name sure suggest so: "L'allemande est une
> dance plaine de mediocre gravit_, familiere aux Allemands, & croy
> qu'elle soit de noz plus anciennes, car nous sommes descendus des
> Allemands".

As in Inns of Court?  *Those* we could do with one foot in a bucket
and the smell of smoke off-stage.

I don't have Orchesography and haven't heard much of it (except that
it was early, and I heard about the bransles).  What does Arbeau says
about l'Allemande (other than the above)?

Danett de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com