[SCA-Dance] Ripresa graue

Alexander Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Thu Jun 20 09:12:35 EDT 2013

I was just reviewing some steps and looked over something I'd been
thinking I ought to share. The translation at
http://jducoeur.org/IlBallarino/Book1/Riprese.html seems to be missing
a word. The original says "dopo" (which means "then") before the part
about raising the heels, so it ought to be translated, "and then
raising both the heels . . ." So you step out to the side, then rise
up.

ISTM that it's kind of usual for SCA dancers to rise up (with the
heels up) before stepping out to the side, as is not really ruled out
by this translation. Could this be where we got it from?

--
Henry/Alex