[SCA-Dance] [SCA-dance] Notes from the Future of KWDS meeting

Annikki Raiford annikki1973 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 11:26:25 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Justin du coeur <jducoeur at gmail.com> wrote:
> -- I'm just objecting to trying to artificially prevent anybody else from
> doing anything else during it, which seems like overkill.  Instead, I'd
> just declare that Thursday will be *focused* on these master classes, make
> clear to everyone that many of the advanced teachers will be sucked into
> them for the day, and see where things go from there...

Clarification:  this type of track would be run on a Thursday
specifically to be SEPARATE from what we would normally do as a KWDS,
with a variety of classes of different levels.  It might help to think
of it as a pre-event workshop, where the focus is entirely on a paid
guest instructor.  It lets us get a potentially larger bang for our
buck.

While not everyone who would want to make it would be able to take
that extra day off in order to come early, the thought is that it's
easier to arrange that extra day when you're already going to be
traveling to the location of KWDS than it is to arrange a completely
separate trip to get this kind of instruction.

Again, this idea is not meant as a "you have to go to this or you
don't get to do anything during this time slot at the event" thing.
The whole point of running it on Thursday is to avoid normal event
programming entirely.

I hope that makes better sense.

Adele