[SCA-Dance] [SCA-dance] Notes from the Future of KWDS meeting

Annikki Raiford annikki1973 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 01:33:41 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Darius / David Learmonth
> <david.a.learmonth at gmail.com>
>> 1.  I love the idea of the Master Class / Day.

> Would you please explain what you mean?

My take on the idea was that this would let those of us who are
interested focus on a particularly special chance at instruction
without other obligations or distractions.

No "ARGH, I'm scheduled against the academic who I'd never get to
learn from except at this event."

Furthermore, there seemed to be overwhelming support that, if it
happened, it would be on a Thursday so that a) we're not all
brain-fried and exhausted, and b) we'd have a chance to process and
practice what we learned over the weekend with others who had been in
that class, thus increasing retention.

Adele