[SCA-Dance] singing accompaniment

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 10:04:25 EDT 2009

Well, if anyone wants to try, here are the lyrics in French and English:

Quand je bois du vin clairet,
ami, tout tourne, tourne, tourne, tourne
aussi désormais je bois
Anjou ou Arbois
[REPEAT]
Chantons et buvons,
ã ce flacon faisons la guerre
Chantons et buvons,
mes amis, buvons donc!
[REPEAT]

When I drink some claret wine,
friends, things go turning, turning, turning, turning round
So I'm drinking all the time
Anjou or Arbois.
[REPEAT]
Sing and drink,
while on the bottle we make war
Sing and drink,
my friends, drink some more!
[REPEAT]

Isn't it fun that a "turning dance" has lyrics about the world spinning around while you're drunk?  :)

--Urraca