[SCA-Dance] etiquette while lifting a lady (was The Creepy, the rude, and the weird)

(John) Byron Boyd SCAlutenist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:23:31 EDT 2009

I have dropped a lady on the floor, but it wasn't during the Official
Bransle.  Perhaps other kingdoms follow the custom of the "surprise
ending" during Korobushka.  Here, experienced dancers often end it with
the lady sitting on the thigh of the kneeling lord.  Once, when I and my
partner did this, she sat on my thigh so that she was not balanced.  I
tried to hold her, but she feel backwards onto the floor.

--- In sca-dance at yahoogroups.com, Felice Debbage <felicedebbage at ...>
wrote:

> Oh, lol. These "Toss the Somebody" dance stories are a treat. There
was a
> girl in my old group who got thrown into a chalkboard while dancing
this
> dance. They were dancing in a class room, and the guy apparentally
didn't
> grasp the part where you're supposed to put the dancer back *down*.
She's a