[SCA-Dance] KWDS report (What I Did on my Summer Vacation...)

Donna lgp477 at up.net
Wed Jul 22 09:45:29 EDT 2009

Just my bit-o-hacksilver worth:

I have to agree with Brandubh that were it held annually, there would
be better odds in favor of my actually getting to one.
I have limited funds and limited vacation time, and in the remote corner of
Northshield where I live, I'm pretty much the
only available dance resource (yikes!), the next closest being a lady 3
hours' drive away.  Getting to Terp or Crystal Ball means a day's drive each
way, and flights from our little regional airport are expensive.  Sadly,
much as I would love it, Drachenwald and Lochac are right out for me as
event destinations.

That being said, I do understand burnout.  The SCA in general seems to be an
aging population, and some years trying to recruit enough bodies to put on
our little group's annual (general interest) event can be a challenge!  But,
we always have dancing!  (although this year it was limited to a performance
at feast, because I crashed and burned after being in the kitchen all
day...)

YIS,
Freydis