[SCA-Dance] KWDS report (What I Did on my Summer Vacation...)

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Jul 22 05:12:12 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 08:40:48PM -0400, David Learmonth wrote:

> Trust me, even with 2 years of notice and at least 1 year of prodding, many
> teachers were still scrambling to get everything they wanted to teach
> together!  :)

I always do things at the last minute, no matter how much prodding.
But if there was an annual KWDS, I would do a lot more research,
because I would feel motivated to do something interesting every
KWDS. I don't get the same motivation from Pennsic, and no, I don't
think that Crystal Ball or other big dance events fill a role anything
like KWDS. Good dancing? Yes. Classes as good as KWDS? No way.

As for annual KWDSes, I sugggest again that a survey of the people who
attend KWDS is the right next step. We've heard some strong opinions
on both sides; reality should be the tie-breaker.

Uracca has accepted my offer to be the advocate for her bid...  and be
the dance champion for it, too. If necessary, I can talk smack. Pick
your champions carefully! :-)

-- Gregory