[SCA-Dance] The Creepy, the rude, and the weird

Monica Cellio cellio at pobox.com
Tue Jul 21 22:39:23 EDT 2009

Hygeine, particularly body odor and very sweaty hands, as others have
mentioned.

One I haven't seen mentioned yet: being a pest.  That we shared a dance or
even two does not mean I'm going to dance every dance with you, or go for
a walk with you afterwards, or spend all of the *next* ball with you.
It's a dance, not a first date with a second date already lined up.  I
try to be friendly and I certainly understand the awkwardness of being the
new person who doesn't know anyone (been in that situation a lot myself),
but you've got to be willing to move around.  If someone tries to glue
himself to me and doesn't pick up on hints like "I'm trying to dance with
lots of people" or "here, let me introduce you to...", I feel like my
choices are to leave or to be rude, neither of which I want to do.

She'erah