[SCA-Dance] KWDS report (What I Did on my Summer Vacation...)

Mary Railing mrailing2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 20 20:31:25 EDT 2009

The Barony of Bhakail in Philadelpia is hosting a combined Known World Academy of the Rapier and Known World Costume Symposium this October.  Are you sure they will want to host another Known World event?  If in fact they are able to get through a much larger, more complex event than KWDS without saying "never again", I would call that a strong argument in favor of having it in Philadelphia. Obviously there are people there capable of navigating the bureaucracy/politics involved in getting permission for a Known World event. That event is being held in a convention hotel, but I'm sure there are a variety of college venues available in the area.  How affordable are they?  If you guys are serious, I would say throw your hat in the ring, and not for 8 years down the line, but for 2011 or 2013.  (Or 2012, if people really want to try doing it annually.  July 1010 after a KWAR/KWCS in October 2009 would be nuts.)

--Urraca