[SCA-Dance] KWDS report (What I Did on my Summer Vacation...)

C. Timar cctimar at member.ams.org
Mon Jul 20 12:18:55 EDT 2009

> So now there are four reasonable possibilities for KWDS that I count - New
> York (about which I spoke several times in Hamilton), Ohio, Indiana, and
> Germany.  Would sometime during the middle weekend be good for all?  I'd
> certainly like to be there in order to present my ideas as well.

Just some observations:

In the past, KWDS was awarded to kingdoms, even though the kingdoms often
were in no way involved in it.  We now have two competing bids from the
Middle.  Should the kingdom be involved?  If we go to the formal corporate
bid process, it probably has to be.

Columbus, in particular, is quite close to Hamilton, so those who couldn't
come to Hamilton may also have trouble going to Columbus.  That being said,
New York and Indiana are also in the same general area, as viewed from the
distance of Seattle or New Orleans.  We have to decide how much we want KWDS
to move around geographically, and balance that agaist wanting to not
require American attendees to obtain passports.

    -- Charles
      cctimar at member.ams.org