[SCA-Dance] email request

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Apr 24 10:50:12 EDT 2009

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Violin Goddess <violin.goddesss at gmail.com> wrote:
> *If it is at all possible, I would very much appreciate if you could
> send me the activity on the dance list, in DIGEST FORMAT?  It's
> easier to keep track of, save to computer, and doesn't clog up my
> email account!

Meta-requests should generally be sent to the list maintainers rather
than the list at large.  For SCA Dance mailings, the e-mail program I
use says

    [ Note: This message contains email list management information ]

As with many mailing lists, SCA Dance message headers contain
information about the list.  Some mailers let you see all headers.  I
see

             <mailto:sca-dance-request at sca-dance.org?subject=subscribe>

A bit of poking around at
<http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/sca-dance> got me nowhere --
the attempt to get a password reminder errored out with no reason
given.  So it's looking like e-mailing

sca-dance-request at sca-dance.org

is the way to go.  -- It's actually a common convention, that a
mailing list with main address X at Y has a contact-the-maintainers
address at X-request at Y.

Danel de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com