[SCA-Dance] Music for Chirintana

White, John john.white at drexel.edu
Mon Apr 14 20:01:52 EDT 2008

>From:  Barbara Webb
>
>Actually we (Gaita) were thinking of making some dance music available for
>download from our website, and Chirintana is one we have just
>(re-)recorded. We'd probably have it with a 'donation' button (as we are
>trying to make a living from this!). Knowing people are interested will
>encourage us to put it up there sooner - let us know your other requests
>as well and we will see what we can do...
>
>Caitlin

Hey, coolness!  I'm willing to buy dance music!  (You can never have enough
dance CDs, much like you can never have enough books!)

As for suggestions, since you've got composers, I'd love the chance to
reconstruct more of the musicless 15th C Italian stuff from Smith.  Basically,
anything that is listed in Smith, but is not listed at my website
(http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~white/Dafydds15thCItalians.html) (If
you can't go directly there, try http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~white/dafydd.html
and click on "Dafydd's Dances" ...)

          \\Dafydd C