[SCA-Dance] FW: music suggestions for ECD CD

Peter Durham trahaearn at email.msn.com
Tue Nov 15 02:41:08 EST 2005

Forwarding per Sara's request...

-----Original Message-----
From: Sara Bonneville [mailto:sbonnevi at cloverpark.k12.wa.us]
Subject: music suggestions for ECD CD

To the SCA dance community:

As I mentioned at KWDS, some friends have asked me to help them with a dance
music CD.  (I think I've talked them into 2).  Their focus is to make a CD
that will be useful to dancers ... what music do you want/need to be
available in CD form.

I've put together a list of 24 Playford ECD for the (first) CD.  Most of
them are dances which I know are being done/being taught, for which music is
not readily available.  I have a few slots that are slated as (to be
determined later).  This is last chance for input from other dance teachers
and dancers --- is there anything that you really want to have on a CD of
ECD?

ALSO -- I am seeking suggestions for a mixed-dance CD (pulling from all
genres of the 15th-17th C western dance "as done in the SCA") -- It is
basically a "sampler" CD, with 5-6 15th C dances (including 1 or 2 Gresley
dances - suggestions?), 4 from 16th C Arbeau (pavan, gailliard, coranto, and
a "branle suite"), 3-4 16th C Italian, some from the Inns of Court
repertoire, and a few representative ECD.  -- Suggestions?

I look forward to hearing from some of you with suggestions.

With Sincerity (and apologies for intruding into your busy lives) Sara de
Bonneville (of An Tir),
  student to Master Traheaern

Sara L Bonneville, Budget Manager
Clover Park School District