[SCA-BMDL] Another experiment: SLACK (Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie)

Broom iambroom at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 12:59:11 EST 2016

The act of joining your first slack team seems to be how you set up your
account, so don't go looking for an account signup link - just ask Ishiyama
for an invite to BMDL (or maybe you can search for it on slack and send
your request, IDK).

It is also possible to connect slack so that it picks up chat messages from
other social media, but right now I strongly advise against that. I created
a private slack "team" to test it out, and that part of it is fairly
confusing.

Creating a test "team" on slack is super-easy, though, once you've joined
at least one slack team.

The advantages, as I see it, are that slack combines the speed of text
messaging with the content and conversation-thread capability of emails.
Obviously, if someone figures out how to link the FB account better than I
did, you could also get all that routed to your slack acct, cutting down
the number of places you have to look for info.