[SCA-BMDL] Queen's Rapier Thank You

Mary Placeway g3dots at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 10:02:12 EST 2015

Greetings from Countess Genevieve,

As Head Retainer for the day of Queen's Rapier Championship, I would like
to thank everyone who helped make the day run smoothly for Their Majesties
and Her Highness.  Their Majesties Tindal and Etain expressed to me their
gratitude for all the extra retaining and guard help we provided during the
day, and asked me to thank you on their behalf.  As Her Highness Ariella
stated, your support allowed the Royalty to focus on the QRC tourney and
court, with ease and grace.

Thank you to very much to those of you who were able to sign up early for
retaining shifts using the on-line form, and especially to everyone who
quickly responded to my urgent pleas for extra help at the last minute.  I
couldn't have done this without your willingness and  ability to help.

Thanks to those who served as retainers for Her Highness during the day:
 Will Parris, Kathryn Sinclaire, Elsa Talliard, Alime bint Yorgi

Thanks to those who served as retainers for Their Majesties during the day:
 Margery Kent, Elsa Talliard, Cecily of Whitehaven, Alime bint Yorgi,
Alaric McConnal, Kathryn Sinclaire, Bugga Bilibit, O'no Kuma, and special
thanks to Duke Sven & Duchess Siobhan for joining in on the day of the
event to help retain.

Special thanks to Duke Sven, who volunteered at the end of his retaining
shift to coordinate court set-up, and to everyone who followed his lead and
helped him out.

Many thanks to everyone who retained during court:  Will Parris, Kathryn
Sinclaire, Elsa Talliard, Alime bint Yorgi,  Margery Kent, Elsa Talliard,
Bugga Bilibit, Ishiyama Gentarou Yoriee, Hara Kikimatsu, Rivka bat Daniyel,
Cynewyn Aethelweardesdohter, and Duchess Siobhan.  I appreciate your help
and patience while I worked out the logistics and rotation.  With so many
experienced people available, court was able to run very smoothly.  My
thanks to Her Majesties' Guard Staff who were very organized and already
had a plan: Arianna dal Vallone and Markus Skalpr Grimmson.  Thanks to Will
Parris for taking the lead and running the rotation of Her Highness'
retainers; it ran very smoothly with your help.

Also thanks goes to Mistress Elsbeth Ann Roth and Her Ladyship Isabel
Fleuretan, who had both offered to retain, but we were attempting to avoid
spoiling the surprise of your awards during court (your husbands and I were
in collusion on these efforts). Congratulations!

My extreme gratitude goes out to those who took on the "Brute Squad" duties
of unloading TRM and HRH's cars, setting up court, court tear-down and
repacking HRH and TRM's cars: Sir Koredono, O'no Kuma, Robert McEwin, and
everyone on the retaining staff who assisted them; special thanks to HRH
Ariella's squire Cynewyn, Duchess Morgen and my husband Tofi for pitching
in to help at the end of the day.  TRM's car is a bit of a puzzle to pack;
thanks very much for staying late to help His Majesty fit things in just
so.  Thanks also to Koredono and Robert for being on "stand-by" Friday night
for possible court set-up, and for rolling with all the schedule changes.

Thanks to everyone who rolled with the schedule changes and unknown
variables of the day: the Autocrat, Her Ladyship Elss and her capable
staff, especially those folks who set up extra tables for the royalty room
and dais, and to the cooks who brought food to different locations, to meet
the ever-changing needs of the Royalty and schedule of the day.

Many thanks to Baroness Alex and Sir Alonzio, and all of the parents whose
children so very happily played with Their Majesties children in the
Royalty Room.  Knowing that you parents were nearby and keeping an eye on
the children as they enjoyed their day, was a great relief to me.  TRM's
children and yours were able to have fun, and everyone was safe.  Thanks to
THL Caelinn for providing the lovely snacks in the Royalty Room and
especially the games and activities for Their Majesties children, and to
Lady Sidona of Niteshade Risa for packing and cleaning everything up at the
end of the day.

Thank you to everyone else who unbeknownst to me, just pitched in during
the day to make things run smoother.  Thank you all for a job well done,
and enjoy the upcoming holidays!

With gratitude and in service,

--Genevieve

Countess Genevieve du Vent Argent
Head Retainer for the Day of QRC
Reign Coordinator for TRH Byron and Ariella