[SCA-BMDL] Queen's Rapier Championship

Elss Augsburg elss.of.augsburg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 22:43:21 EST 2015

To all good gentle who hear my words, rejoice! The safety of Her Imperial
Majesty, Queen Etain ingen Dalaig II, remains assured!

Many sincere thanks are rendered to these good and loyal subjects of the
Debatable Lands and AEthelemerc, who helped make the Queen's Rapier
Championship a success:

   - To Master Lodovick of Gray’s Inn who ran the championship to find his
   successor as the Queen's Rapier Champion.

   - To Master William Parris, who ran the first Free Scholar's Tournament,
   hosted by the Defense Academy, following the Queen's championship.

   - To the many, many fencers and other gentles who moved 250 chairs all
   around the room to accommodate morning court, lists, and afternoon court,
   and then returned everything to the proper place, especially O'no Kuma, who
   started the movement the evening before.

   - To Rowan ni Naradhaigh and Ffynthcor ó Finndamh, our Gatekeepers for
   the Unitarian Universalist Church of the North Hills, who worked so hard at
   putting up tables and chairs, rearranging furniture, and constantly
   checking, watching, and helping everywhere. I am, as always, *so* grateful
   for your help.

   - To Jorundr hinn Rotinn and Brandubh o Donnghaile and their staff of
   cooks, for producing such a fabulous lunch sideboard.

   - To Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie and the other teachers of classes – his
   class on banners made it look so easy to make one that I may have another
   new project to my list.

   - To Janos Messzaros, for organizing the A&S display, and for some
   emergency cleaning up: thank you.

   - To Countess Genevieve du Vent Argent, who was Head Retainer for the
   Day, but who also helped with scheduling and organizing with her usual
   grace and poise.

   - To all of those kind persons who stacked chairs, moved
   tables, vacuumed rugs, washed things, folded things, carried things inside,
   carried things outside, and otherwise cheerfully helped. The willingness of
   people to help is one of the best things about the SCA.

In Service,
THLady Elss
Autocrat of the Queen's Rapier Championship