[SCA-BMDL] Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper ariannawyn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 12:17:36 EDT 2014

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Last Sunday we had a great practice with two Div 1 fighters (including
Tiernon from Ballachlagan attending his first practice - welcome,
Tiernon!), two Div 2 fighters, and one Div. 3 fighter.

Thanks to sparring marshals Sir Vlad, Count Sir Isenwulf, THL Rosalia, and
Lord Garreth for working with our D2 and D3 fighters! They learned a lot
and enjoyed the challenge.

Debatable Lands Youth Fighter practice continues this Sunday from 2:00 to
5:00 pm at the Environmental Charter School (ECS) near Frick Park in the
East End, at 829 Milton St, Pittsburgh, PA 15218. Enter through the front
door of the building, on Henrietta St. Map here: http://goo.gl/maps/8SjJQ

I will have the usual loaner gear and snacks. Please bring a water bottle.

The schedule for youth fighter practices for the next month is:

Mar 16 - Practice at the ECS
Mar. 23 - NO PRACTICE, I will be at Ice Dragon in Rhydderich Hael
Mar. 30 - Practice at the ECS
April 6 - First outdoor practice at Washington Blvd, ECS as backup in case
 of bad weather

FYI, there will be a Youth Combat Tournament at *Ice Dragon *on *March
23*in the Barony of the Rhydderich Hael (Buffalo, NY). For those
inclined to
travel, this is the biggest indoor event in the Kingdom, usually attracting
600-800 people, and it's jam-packed with things to do in addition to youth
fighting - a huge A&S pentathlon, adult fighting and fencing tourneys, tons
of merchants, entertainment, and just generally lots of fun. More info
here: http://aethelmearc.org/eventinfo.php?event=890

In addition, I will be running youth fighting at the *Donnan Party *event
in Ballachlagan on *March 29*. This will be a special session aimed at
giving new youth fighters in Ballachlagan (who I'm told are mostly D1s) an
opportunity to try combat. Any youth fighters who can attend and are
willing to help teach newer kids would be very much appreciated, especially
authorized D1s. We're tentatively planning to begin around 1pm.

We expect to move back outdoors the first weekend in April, to our
traditional summer practice site at the corner of Washington Blvd. and
Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End of Pittsburgh. THL Rosalia has said
the ECS can be available for fighting and fencing practices as a backup in
case of bad weather.

I hope to see you on Sunday!

Arianna