[SCA-BMDL] Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 15:55:05 EDT 2013

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Thank you so much to the AEthelmearc Kingdom Youth Combat Marshal, Sir Thorgrim, for attending last Sunday's practice and authorizing THREE new Sparring Marshals! Sparring Marshals are experienced adult fighters who are permitted to engage in full contact combat with Div. 2 and 3 youth fighters, at youth calibration levels and with youth weapons, when supervised by a warranted youth marshal. This new program opens up a whole new way of training our youth fighters - they can now hone their skills on adults as well as each other. Thank you and congratulations to Count Sir Isenwulf, Baron Liam, and THL Jussi for becoming the very first such Sparring Marshals in the Kingdom of AEthelmearc, though I hope there will be many more to come!

If you are an experienced adult fighter and would like to be authorized as a Sparring Marshal, please see me. I would be happy to work with Sir Thorgrim to arrange for him to attend one of our practices to authorize you.

Reminder: the Baronial Youth Combat Champion's Tourney will be held at Agincourt on November 2. The site for Agincourt has changed - it will be held at the Museum Building in the South Park Fairgrounds. Map here: http://tinyurl.com/q3vqjkr

Debatable Lands youth fighter practice continues this Sunday in the park at the corner of Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End. Map here: http://goo.gl/maps/FX4wg

Practice runs from 2-5 pm as usual.Make sure to bring a water bottle. If you want a place to sit between bouts, remember to bring a folding chair. The forecast is for sunny with a high of 55, which is great fighting weather as long as you dress warmly.

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule going forward is as follows:

October 20 - Practice at Washington Blvd.

October 27 - Practice at Washington Blvd.

Nov. 2 - Agincourt event featuring the BARONIAL YOUTH COMBAT CHAMPIONS tourney! Event info: http://debatablelands.org/events/agincourt.php
Nov. 3 - NO PRACTICE, attend Agincourt on Saturday instead!
Nov. 10 - Practice at the Harvest Barony meeting at Byron & Ariella's Castle in Wexford

See you on Sunday!

Arianna