[SCA-BMDL] TOURNEY TOMORROW at Iron Comet, NO Youth Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 12 13:30:27 EDT 2013

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Congratulations to Black Jack. who authorized up to Division 2 Youth Combat last Sunday! We had a glorious day with only occasional hints of rain.

Tomorrow's IRON COMET CHALLENGE event will feature a youth tourney as part of the youth Iron Comet championship. Youth fighting begins at noon with inspections, followed by the tourney at 12:30. Tourney format will depend on the number of fighters; bear pit or round robin are most likely. There will also be melees. **You must be an authorized fighter to compete in the tourney at any SCA event**. To be eligible for the Iron Comet championship, you MUST enter the Arts & Sciences competition plus at least two of the three martial areas: archery, thrown weapons, and youth combat. If you enter all three martial areas, your lowest martial score will be dropped for purposes of tallying scores to determine the champion.

More info on the event, which will be at the Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club on April 13, is here: http://debatablelands.org/events/iron_comet/ and on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/462368230449978/  Dress warmly; the high tomorrow is forecast to be only in the upper 40s.

IF YOU NEED LOANER GEAR AT IRON COMET, LET ME KNOW TODAY. I will not be bringing all of the loaner gear to the event as I do not have enough room in my car!

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

April 14 - NO PRACTICE, go to Iron Comet on Saturday for the youth tournament! Info above.

April 21 -  Practice outdoors at Washington Blvd. park
April 28 - Practice outdoors at Washington Blvd. park

May 5 - Practice outdoors at Washington Blvd. park
May 12 - Practice outdoors at Washington Blvd. park
May 19 - NO PRACTICE, go to War Practice at Cooper's Lake on Saturday for the Kingdom Youth Champion tournament! Info here: http://warpractice.steltonwald.org/

I hope to see you all at Iron Comet!

Arianna