[SCA-BMDL] NO BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday - WAR PRACTICE

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 14:00:11 EDT 2012

Congratulations to Logan, who authorized as a youth fighter (in the light drizzle) last Sunday!

There is NO Debatable Lands youth fighter practice this Sunday or next Sunday!

INSTEAD, I urge you all to attend  AEthelmearc War Practice this weekend, where we will host the AEthelmearc Kingdom Youth Championship Tournament! The winner will not only be named Kingdom Youth Combat Champion for the reign of King Andreas and Queen Kallista, but will ALSO represent AEthelmearc at the Pennsic War in August, where we are told there will be a Youth Champions Tournament with each Kingdom's Youth Champion competing on behalf of his or her Kingdom. The Tournament this weekend to choose that Kingdom Youth Champion, devised by Eiiden (aka Jordan), the current Kingdom Youth Champion, will require that fighters participate in three tourneys, one in each of sword and shield, great weapon, and two-sword (aka Florentine). I will have some loaner weapons and shields available but if you have your own, please bring them. After the Champions' Tourney, there will be a Warlord Tourney, in which the loser of each round becomes the teammate of the
 victor, so the tourney culminates in a grand melee with the prizes going to the winning sides. There will also be a prize for "Best Death" (courtesy of Mistress Ts'vee'a bas Tseepora Levi) so ham it up on the field, guys!

The following Saturday, May 26, is our Queen's Rapier Champion Tourney and Baronial Birthday, which will feature a theme of "mentoring." I have lined up adult fighters to train with you one-on-one from 11am to noon, and then after a break for lunch we'll have a round robin tourney in the afternoon.

All kids at the Baronial Birthday event will have the opportunity to receive ribbons for participating in various activities. You can acquire ribbons in the following ways:

- Participate in a marshal activity, like thrown weapons or youth combat
- Provide a service, like helping move equipment, serve the feast, be a list runner for the adult fighting, clean up after an activity, or otherwise lend a hand running the event
- Participate in the arts, by bringing an entry for the Arts and Sciences competition or by making a BMDL belt favor during the class being offered at the event.

Kids who acquire ribbons will be recognized by the Baron and Baroness in court.

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

May 20 - NO PRACTICE, tourney at AEthelmearc War Practice on Saturday @ 9:30 am

May 27 - NO PRACTICE, tourney at Baronial Birthday on Saturday @ 11am
June 3 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.
June 10 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.
June 17  - Practice at the Pittsburgh Zoo (demo)

See you on Saturday!

Arianna