[SCA-BMDL] LAST BMDL Youth Fighter Practice of MAY

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 12:38:42 EDT 2012

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Congratulations to James and Joe, who authorized as youth fighters last Sunday!

This Sunday's Debatable Lands youth fighter practice will be the LAST practice in May! There are tournaments on the following two Saturdays, at AEthelmearc War Practice and Baronial Birthday, so there will be NO fighter practices those Sundays. Practices will then resume on June 3rd.

This Sunday's practice will also be your child's LAST opportunity to authorize as a youth fighter before War Practice. Only *authorized* fighters can compete in tournaments at events. We can authorized kids at War Practice, but I cannot guarantee that there will be time before the Youth Champion Tourney begins on Saturday morning.

If your child needs loaner gear for either of these events, but especially War Practice, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THIS WEEKEND. I cannot transport all of the loaner gear *and* my own camping equipment, so we will have to make other arrangements.

This Sunday's practice is at the usual site, the park at the corner of Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End of Pittsburgh. Map at this link:  http://tinyurl.com/7qgcfcq

The practice site is primitive - there is a portajohn, but that's about it - no seating and no running water. Bring a water bottle! If you want somewhere to sit other than on the grass, bring a folding chair.

Youth fighting runs from 2-5pm on Sunday, BUT if you show up at 11 am, you'll be able to give target archery and thrown weapons a try. The marshals for those activities have loaner gear, and it's loads of fun, so I encourage you to check them out.

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

May 13 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.

May 20 - NO PRACTICE, tourney at AEthelmearc War Practice on Saturday @ 9:30 am
May 27 - NO PRACTICE, tourney at Baronial Birthday on Saturday @ 11am
June 3 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.
June 10 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.
June 17  - Practice at the Pittsburgh Zoo (demo)

See you on Sunday!

Arianna