[SCA-BMDL] BARONIAL BIRTHDAY- NO BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 21:00:12 EDT 2012

Greetings to all Debatable Lands Youth Fighters and their parents!

Congratulations to Lord Robert, who was named AEthelmearc Division 2 Youth Combat Champion last weekend! And congratulations to Eiiden, the outgoing Kingdom Youth Champion!

There is NO Debatable Lands youth fighter practice this Sunday because there is youth combat at the Baronial Birthday event this Saturday!

The Queen's Rapier Champion Tourney and Baronial Birthday will feature a theme of "mentoring." I have lined up adult fighters (including our recent past King, Count Isenwulf) to train with you one-on-one from 11am to noon, and then after a break for lunch we'll have a either a round robin tourney or a Bear Pit starting at 1:00 pm. It's going to be a hot day so bring your water bottles! I'll have a jug of ice water available as well.

All kids at this event will have the opportunity to receive ribbons for participating in various activities. You can acquire ribbons in the following ways:

- Participate in a marshal activity, like thrown weapons or youth combat, to receive a RED ribbon.
- Provide a service, like helping move equipment, work in the kitchen (with the cook's permission), serve the feast, be a list runner for the adult fighting, clean up after an activity, or otherwise lend a hand running the event to receive a GOLD ribbon.
- Participate in the arts, by bringing an entry for the Arts and Sciences competition or by making a BMDL belt favor during the class being offered at the event to receive a BLUE ribbon.

Kids who acquire ribbons will be recognized by the Baron and Baroness in court. Court starts at 4pm.

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

May 27 - NO PRACTICE, youth fighting at Baronial Birthday on Saturday starts @ 11am

June 3 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.
June 10 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.
June 17  - Practice at the Pittsburgh Zoo (demo)

See you on Saturday!

Arianna