[SCA-BMDL] Items for Gift Baskets

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 11:07:32 EDT 2012

Unto the talented Populace of the Debatable Lands do Liam and Constance send greeting;

Spring has sprung here in the barony and our travels will begin to take us to events further away. The Coronation of Andreas and Kallista is a few weeks away in Sylvan Glen and the kingdom will celebrate in a grand style. It is our wish and our obligation to share the wealth of the barony with the new King and Queen by presenting them with gifts. We very much like when the populace donates items for these gift baskets as it shows how much talent there is in this Barony.

At the Coronation of Isenwulf and Rosalinda, I was approached by one of the other Landed Barons and asked where we obtained the many gifts that were presented (we had an entourage to help us carry these items). He was very surprised when I told him that all of the items in the basket (and outside the basket) were donated by the artisans of the Barony. This was a very proud moment for me, I have known for a long time how very talented the artists of this Barony are. To have others comment on it should give you all great pride in your arts and your achievements!

Some of you may ask, what can I donate for Gift Baskets? Below is a list of things that others have donated:

- Scroll Blanks
- Award Tokens for Kingdom awards
- Cording for kingdom awards
- Candles
- Homemade Soaps
- Home Brewed Adult Beverages
- Chocolates and Candy
- Coffees and Teas
- Dried Fruit
- Baked Goods
- Ceramics and Glassware
- Cloth
- Handspun Yarn
- Tokens such as rings and necklaces for Their Majesties to hand out.

If you would like to donate any items, please contact us and let us know You can email the both of us at LiamandConstance at gmail.com

Thank you in advance for any items you would like to donate.

In Service,

Baron Liam MacanTsaoir (SCA)

Baron of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands
Dean of Aethelmearc War College
In Omnia Paratus