[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 08:37:35 EDT 2012

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

We had a fantastic practice last Sunday with 7 youth fighters, including two fighters at their very first practice. Welcome to Joe and Jimmy!

Debatable Lands youth fighting practice be held this Sunday, March 25, from 2-5pm at the Pittsburgh Chinese Church in the North Hills at 8711 Old Perry Highway, Pittsburgh, PA 15237.  I will be away at Ice Dragon but Lady Caniodricca has graciously agreed to run practice in my absence. She has all the loaner armor and weapons so there should be plenty for everyone.

Parking:  Park in the down-slope lot off of Highland Rd, walk around the side of the building, enter the first door, and walk up the stairs to the room on the 3rd floor. Helpful picture at http://tinyurl.com/72mmqpc   (entrance at the green arrow)

This Sunday is the LAST INDOOR practice of the season! Next weekend, April 1, we move to our outdoor sight at the corner of Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd in the East End.

Remember to bring a water bottle. Fighters who are using loaner gear, we would appreciate if it you would bring your own athletic cup (groin protection) if you have one, though we have a few spares.

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

March 25 - LAST INDOOR PRACTICE at the Pittsburgh Chinese Church this season

April 1 - FIRST OUTDOOR PRACTICE in the park at Washington Blvd. & Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End
April 8 - NO PRACTICE - Easter Sunday
April 15 - Practice at Byron & Ariella's castle in Wexford, in conjunction with the regional archery muster
April 22 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.
April 29 - NO PRACTICE (no youth marshalls are available that weekend)

Have a great practice this Sunday, and I'll see you next weekend!

Arianna