[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 30 11:25:36 EDT 2012

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Thanks to Lady Caniodricca for running youth fighter practice last Sunday, and congratulations to Lord Robert for winning the youth combat tourney at the Festival of the Ice Dragon in the Barony of the Rhydderich Hael (Buffalo, NY) last weekend!

It's time for our move outdoors for the season! This Sunday we'll be at the park at the corner of Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End of Pittsburgh. Map at this link: http://tinyurl.com/7qgcfcq

This practice site is primitive - there is a portajohn, but that's about it - no seating and no running water. Bring a water bottle! I will have a jug of ice water for refills. If you want somewhere to sit other than the grass, bring a folding chair.

Youth fighting runs from 2-5pm on Sunday, BUT if you show up at 11 am, you'll be able to give target archery and thrown weapons a try. The marshals for those activities have loaner gear, and it's loads of fun, so I encourage you to check them out.

The forecast is for sun but a high temp only in the upper 50s, so dress warmly!

We'll have loaner gear for any new fighters who need it.

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

April 1 - FIRST OUTDOOR PRACTICE in the park at Washington Blvd. & Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End

April 8 - NO PRACTICE (Easter Sunday)
April 15 - Practice at Byron & Ariella's castle in Wexford, in conjunction with the regional archery muster
April 22 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.
April 29 - NO PRACTICE (no youth marshalls are available that weekend)
May 5 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.

IF YOU NEED YOUTH RATTAN please let me know. I have 9 ft. staves of youth dimension rattan for $11/stave. Please let me know BEFORE fighter practice if you want me to bring some for you on Sunday, as I will not be transporting it unless there is a demand.

I hope to see you all this Sunday!

Arianna