[SCA-BMDL] On the subject of Pelicans

Crossbow1953 (Earthlink.net) crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 22 19:10:21 EDT 2012

To all and everyone,

I can't begin to thank everyone enough for all the work that was done towards my elevation. I'll never really know how many contributed to the occasion. So many were involved in setting up for the Vigil with a special spotlight on She’erah and Dani for the use their home for the Vigil. Others were involved in cooking (which I was too nervous to sample) and potent potables (Ruland, Deryk, thanks!!!). I'll never know who did what, so my modest thank yous here may be the best I can do.

There are some that I can personally acknowledge...

Will/Chris
Thank you for leading my procession and writing the sonnet to introduce me.

Theodoric/Edward
Thanks for being there when I needed you.

Robert
Thank you for just being Robert.

My four worthies...

Comtesse Elena for the Royalty
Sir Thomas Byron of Havorford for the Chivalry
Master Alaric MacConnall for the Laurels
Maestro Jacopo di Niccolo for the Pelicans

There are four ladies who deserved special notice...

Aleea Bagah
Amaryllis Coleman
These two wonderful ladies did all the work to create the garb that I wore. I looked for some simple Scandinavian garb and found a nice, but small picture. They were able to research and design and came up with something special.

Amaryllis made the "cloak," modeling it after a Russian great coat. It will be warm in the Pelican Winter. Aleea made the Pelican badges for the sleeves where they would look like military ranks.

Aleea made the cap of maintenance. Starting with a plain felt block, she created an ermine rim to make it what I was hoping for.

Muirghein Gealbhain
What can I say? I was asked whom I wanted to make my scroll. I knew that I wanted her to create it. I have a copy of her "Inspire" print and she had made me a Comet scroll years ago and I truly enjoy the detail that she puts into her work. Nobody had any idea what she was going to create - a true museum piece. The cooperation and inspiration she got from everyone made it extraordinary. And the answer was cry.

And finally,
Arianna of Wynthrope
As my coordinator, she was the master of everything that had to be done. You're a real pro.

And lastly from the writ at War Practice. There was a gentle from the East whose name I'll never know who brought me a bottle of water when I was still trying to catch my breath outside the barn. A lesson in courtesy for us all.

Master Urho