[SCA-BMDL] No heavy fight practice this Sunday

Amy C acostell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 13:53:06 EDT 2012

Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands,
   Well fought at Pennsic!  With a showing of over 150 fighters, fencers,
siege engineers, archers, throwers and youth fighters on the field, we
defended Our Land well.

With the close of Pennsic, change of roles has come to our Baronial
Marshallate.
Many thanks to Busho Shiro, who has served us excellently as the Baronial
Knight Marshal these last 3 years. Through his organizing of melee drills
at practice, and through his building relationships with other nearby
units, including Stormhaven and Sunderoak, the Baronial Levy operated as a
unit, and did their job on the field of Pennsic. The extra Training time
readied at least 6 new fighters to join the 300 and the core of the
baronial fighting unit. Not to mention the many newcomers who were able to
try out fighting, and receive training, due to Shiro's willingness to
sacrifice his own fight time in order to teach others. Vivat. Shiro lays
aside the post of Knight Marshal to serve us as our Region 2 Marshal.
Also, thanks to THL Caellin who often took time out of her Sunday to
provide our Knight Marshal with transport. And thanks to Lady Sumayya who
continues to serve as our Iron Key, helping newcomers get in armor, and so
enabling new fighters to join the 300. Vivant.
I am honored by the opportunity to serve as your next BMDL Knight Marshal.
I welcome your ideas and suggestions for our practices, especially as we
head into tourney season, but also know that war is always on the horizon.
There will be no heavy fight practice this Sunday, as we continue to
recover from Pennsic, and catch up with mundane life. Looking forward to
seeing you at practice next week, Aug 26 at Washington Blvd.
-Lady Cynewyn

BMDL Baronial Knight Marshal