[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday @ Washington Blvd.

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 22:53:02 EDT 2012

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

Thanks to Their Excellencies, Byron and Ariella, for hosting youth fighting along with the Regional Archery Muster last Sunday at their castle in Wexford. We had 7 youth fighters and got to fight our way in over the drawbridge and through the front door, which was a lot of fun.

This Sunday we'll be back at the park at the corner of Washington Blvd. and Allegheny River Blvd. in the East End of Pittsburgh. Map at this link: http://tinyurl.com/7qgcfcq

This practice site is primitive - there is a portajohn, but that's about it - no seating and no running water. Bring a water bottle! I will have a jug of ice water for refills. If you want somewhere to sit other than the grass or the rail fence, bring a folding chair.

Youth fighting runs from 2-5pm on Sunday, BUT if you show up at 11 am, you'll be able to give target archery and thrown weapons a try. The marshals for those activities have loaner gear, and it's loads of fun, so I encourage you to check them out.

We'll have loaner gear for any new fighters who need it. I made some new loaner body armor this week so we should have plenty for everyone.

The BMDL Youth Combat practice schedule for the next month is as follows:

April 22 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.

April 29 - NO PRACTICE (no youth marshalls are available that weekend)
May 5 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.
May 13 - Practice in the park at Washington Blvd.
May 20 - NO PRACTICE, AEthelmearc War Practice tourney on Saturday May 19
May 27 - NO PRACTICE, Baronial Birthday Tourney on Saturday May 26

IF YOU NEED YOUTH RATTAN please let me know. I have 9 ft. staves of youth dimension rattan for $11/stave. Please let me know BEFORE fighter practice if you want me to bring some for you on Sunday, as I will not be transporting it unless there is a demand.

I hope to see you all this Sunday!

Arianna