[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Youth Fighter Practice this Sunday and DEMO on Oct, 8

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 15:08:53 EDT 2011

Greetings to all Youth Fighters and their parents!

BMDL youth fighting practice will be held this Sunday from 2-5pm at the Washington Blvd. site. The weather forecast is for Sunday to be the only day in the next few when it *doesn't* rain, so let's cross our fingers that the meteorologists are right!

Practices will continue every Sunday from 2-5 pm unless otherwise announced until we move indoors for the winter in November.

We have been asked to participate in a demo to be held in Aspinwall on Saturday, October 8th. The youth fighters would rotate through a single list that will be shared with adult heavy weapons and rapier fighters. When not fighting, we would like the youth fighters to talk with kids in the audience about what we do and why it's fun. Please let me know if your youth fighter can attend the demo, so I know if we'll have enough fighters. The demo will start mid-morning and run through the early afternoon. More details as I get them.

REMINDER: the AEthelmearc Kingdom Youth Combat Champion's Tourney will be held at Agincourt on October 22nd. Those who attend the most practices between now and then will have a competitive edge!

Thanks to Tiberius, Eiiden, Robert, Alethea and Guion for coming out last weekend to give the new rattan weapons a try. Ceindrech and I built two regular swords, two hand-and-a-half swords, and one polearm from the two staves of rattan, and they worked pretty well. We'll be ordering more rattan soon and are in talks with our Knight Marshall and Baron about possibly placing an order with the same supplier Ealdormere uses at some future date.
I hope to see you all on Sunday!

Arianna