[SCA-BMDL] Practice site cleanup

Crossbow1953 (Earthlink.net) crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 3 07:54:15 EDT 2011

>From the Captain of Archers,

It’s time to schedule our fall site cleanup at the Washington Boulevard practice. We didn’t have to do this last fall, since we kept the site clean enough every week, but with the flooding of this summer, garbage has accumulated. It’s not serious, but it is unsightly. Remember that maintaining the site is one of the ways to prove that we can keep the site.

I’d like to schedule this for Sunday, October 16, starting about 10:30. This is the weekend between Crown Tourney and Agincourt. Saturday is the Gryffyns Keep event but we won’t be conflicting with that. We should have it done by the start of regular practice.

I’ll bring the trash bags, but every one should bring work gloves for safety. I’ll also bring treats and suggest that others may want to bring something too. Let’s make this a bit of a party.

All volunteers are welcome.

Once archery practice starts, I have a request from Brandubh that we shoot an IKAC score. This consists of twelve rounds, four at each distance, two timed, two untimed. (A timed round at 40 yards is a real challenge.) This does a while to get through so we should start once everyone is warmed up. This shoot has not been very popular in this Kingdom, but is more common elsewhere and is often used for seeding purposes at competitions.

In service to the Barony-Marche,

Urho Waltterinen
mka Eugene Siren
crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Home phone: 1-412-247-4467
Cell phone: 1-412-901-5239

Per valde mustache adveho valde officium