[SCA-BMDL] Thanks! BMDL's Twelfth Night Celebration

Elss_of_Augsburg elss_of_augsburg at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 22 14:59:03 EST 2011

the fair gentles of the Debatable Lands and the Kingdom of
Aethelmearc does Elss, autocrat of BMDL's Twelfth Night Celebration,
bid cold and snowy greetings!

It
was with great pleasure that I worked with many noble gentles to
organize and present all of the wonderful activities at Twelfth
Night. If you and your family and guests found enjoyment and pleasure
during the day, you have these people to thank:

Lady
Aibell ingen Chernachain for providing activities to amuse and
interest our young ones;
Master
Alaric MacConnal who staffed the Troll table;
Mistress
Arianna of Wynthrope and the Debatable Choir for their lovely voices
raised in song for our enjoyment;
THLord
Cadell Blaidd Du who brought games to play and who lent me his voice
for the raffle and other announcing chores;
Lord
Cai o’r Llyn, the Dance Master, who is the most patient person on
earth when teaching us to dance and to the Debatable Consort for
playing

Lord
Liam Macan Tsaoir for running a challenging and unique tournament for
our fighters;
THLord
Urho Waltterinen who ran the yummiest competition of the day for the
bakers of this fair land and their cookies;
Lady
Odriana vander Brugghe who organized the A&S Display, and
arranged for these good gentles to teach A&S classes:
Master
	Huon Dambrigge did Readings From Taylor's Feast
	Princess
	Morgen of Rye taught Making a Day Shade
	Hrefna
	fruþikona Þorgrimsdottir taught Beyond Blackwork: Other
	Elizabethan Stitches, with much distraction from the Raffle of Lost
	Items, for which I apologize most humbly
	Fredeburg
	von Katzenellenbogen who taught Blockprinting on Fabric, and very
	kindly waited until after the Raffle of Lost Items, for which I
	thank her most sincerely;

Comtesse
Elena d’Artois le Tailleur, the Royal Liaison, who did an excellent
job of providing for the comfort of Their Majesties and Their
Highnesses;

Congratulations
and thanks to I Genesii for having survived the performance of a
(mostly) family-friendly show;

Thanks
also to Lady Lina in dansk and those that assisted her in keeping the
kitchen in good order, a challenging task indeed with so many
delicious dishes constantly coming in. The food was wonderful and
plentiful, which speaks to the generosity of those attending;

Thanks
go to Raven Whitehart and all others who assisted with the Raffle of
Lost Items, and also to those who purchased tickets, for when all
items were won, we had raised $208. This money will help pay the fees
for the Barony winter fighting site and for the site fees for the
Twelfth Night Celebration;

And
thanks also to the many, many people who helped that day with a
multitude of tasks, such as carrying tables and chairs up the stairs
and then carrying them back down the stairs and in the meantime
carrying them from room to room to room – Jeremy, Evan, Jake,
Alethea, Violante, and so many others.

Many
people thanked me at the end of Twelfth Night and afterward, but all
should know that those thanks are given to all these people who
contributed to the success of the event. If I have omitted someone,
please let me know so I may thank you properly, and know that I
appreciate your help.
Sincerely, and with gratitude,Elss