[SCA-BMDL] Crown Tournament thanks

Wayne Canne wcanne at gmail.com
Wed May 12 14:44:56 EDT 2010

Greetings,

Now that our Crown Tournament has passed, and our Sylvan lands have heirs,
Don Clewin and Feifrau Fredeburg would like to extend their thanks to all
the people who helped make the event possible. We had over 300 people in
attendance, which I doubt anyone expected. Any fault or failure in the event
is our own, and any praise belongs to the staff and all the volunteers who
assisted us. Here are the people we wish to thank, in only some particular
order:

Their Royal Majesties Malcolm and Tessa for allowing us an opportunity to
host this event

Lady Gabrielle deWinter for watching Karl and helping with parking

Master Creador for an excellent sideboard, and his numerous cooking and
cleaning helpers!

 Duchess Dorinda and Lord Jacob for showing up early, staying late, and
helping with just about everything

Lord Shiro for field layout (aka Pavilion Tetris) and his helpers: Duchess
Dorinda, Lord Jacob, Lord Liam Mac an Tsaoir, plus the hordes of people who
assisted with teardown

THL Hilda for reservations and troll and her helpers: Lord Pavel, Lady Elss,
Violante, Mistress Ts'vee'a, Master Alaric MacConnell, and Lady Muirgheal
who fed them

Lord Ffynthcor and Lady Rowan were the first onsite and the last to leave,
serving as gatekeepers and helped with set up and clean up

Lord Robert pour Maintenant and Don Christian for running a parking shuttle
to overflow parking

Don Christian and Dona Sasha for setting up signage

THL Constance, Lord Liam Mac an Tsaoir, Mistress Irene, Lord David Chadwick,
who offered to help deliver food to the field

The AEthelmearc rapier community for pitching as needed, in particular:
Dorinda, Jacob, Iago, Quinn, Christian, Sasha, Emily, Irene, and David

 Lord Liam O'Ceallaigh for assisting with cleanup

 Mistress Arianna for mentoring us and providing invaluable advice and help
as well as organizing the list runners.

Sir Tristan, Dutchess Rowan, Duke Henri, Duke Maynard, THL Gareth Kincaid,
Sir Otto, and all the other marshals whose names we did not catch

 Sir Tristan, again, who set up a live internet feed of the tournament

The heralds who helped with the tournament:
Lady Aibell Suil-uaine, Lord Jorundr, THL Cadell, Lord Tadhg, THL Constance,
THL Kieran, Baroness Vivienne, Baroness Boudiccea, THL Robert O'Connor,
Mistress Cynthia, Sir Otto, Lord Vladimir, Lord Pavel, Master Fridirkr, THL
Bera, Lady Elaine, THL Stephen Calvert de grey, Lord Malcolm fitz William,
THL Brandubh

The combatants and consorts for providing us with an excellent tournament.
Without you, AEthelmearc would have no future.

The populace for showing up in large numbers (300+) to watch the fighting in
the cold weatherThe Barony Marche of Debatable Lands for agreeing to host
the event

I am sure there are some we have missed, but it is not deliberate. Please
know, mentioned or not, we greatly appreciated your assistance.

 Last but not least, I want to thank my lady Fredeburg for agreeing to the
whole endeavor after I said the words, “You know, we should run a Crown
Tournament...”

 YIS

Don Clewin Kupferhelbelinc

Freifrau Fredeburg von Katzenellenbogen