[SCA-BMDL] Viking Garb

Val Corbin aeval4 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 6 11:31:53 EST 2010

Being open minded.. A lot of what you guys mention have been put in that article. But one of the things that she mentions is that the brooches were found like that in more than one instance in archeological finds.  Which gives a little more credence towards her theory.  I do think that there needs to be more evidence though before going out looking like that.

Though... we all know most of the bodies found in burial are more higher ups in society. And would they be put in their best garb in death? Of course. Perhaps this is some sort of ceremonial , or "good" garb?  Which lends that it would not be as practical. And us ladies go through some stupid, painful stuff to look sexy now days. Doesn't mean they didn't do that way back then too.

I personally don't know what to think of it, but keeping an open mind.

Aibell