[SCA-BMDL] Demo at Zoo

L.J. Rodriguez rufinasca at gmail.com
Sun May 31 20:02:51 EDT 2009

greetings from rufina!

this is a short announcement to let people know that the pittsburgh zoo
would like us to be part of their "*Dragon Renaissance Festival" *(june 20 &
21) - which is a very exciting opportunity for all of us!

in that the zoo serves more than just the pittsburgh area, we've decided to
invite our SCA neighbors to participate if they would like. those seneschals
who i have spoken to have been enthusiastic. :)

the zoo would like us to do scheduled activities, as well as having display
tables. we are hoping to have active fighting, fencing, & youth fighting
demos at the very least - i'd love to have musical and dance performances as
well. the scheduled active demos will be held between 11am & 3pm.

everyone who participates in the demo will have free admission for that day
and each adult will receive free passes for a future zoo visit. after you
have worked your turn at the demo that day, you are welcome to walk around
the zoo in garb and hand out sca info - please please! :)

artisans who are activly demonstrating their art form are permitted to sell
their wares.

the pgh ren faire will be there those days too, meaning we don't have total
responsibility for entertaining the public. imho, a good thing.

ANYONE who would like to participate, or has questions or ideas, should
email me at rufinasca at gmail.com. please use 'zoo demo' in the subject line.
if you would like to help coordinate, fantastic!! let me know and we'll find
a way for you to help :)   if you need to talk to me in a hurry:
412-721-5028

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, I MUST HAVE A COMMITMENT FROM YOU BY JUNE 15TH
TO GET YOUR NAME ON THE GUEST LIST. this isn't one of those demos where you
can just show up, sorry - zoo rules :)

i will send out a more detailed announcement this week. thank you!!!

rufina