[SCA-BMDL] Children's Crusade

Troy Headland battalion73 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 13:04:31 EDT 2009

Greetings All!

   With pre-registrations coming in for Children's Crusade at the end of the month I wanted to touch base with everyone about the event.  Feast is beginning to fill up and will be limited to 80 people so get your pre-reg in so you don't miss out on an excellent meal.

    Friday evening if there are enough people interested there will be the torchlight dagger pit tourney.  I will be bringing some daggers but folks are encouraged to bring their own as well.  Saturday will begin with the BMDL's Heavy Weapons and Rapier Champions Tourneys.  Following the Championships there will be charity tourneys in both Heavy and Rapier as well.  Both will be done as ribbon tourneys.  Each combatant will be given 3 ribbons to start, they will challenge others on the lists and the winner of the bout will take a ribbon from the loser.  Once you have lost all your ribbons you are eliminated from the tourney.  To enter the list it is asked that the combatants bring a donation for Toys for Tots.  The donation can be in the form of a new toy or a monetary amount as well.  If i am correct they ask that the toy is of a $10 dollar value or more.  Everyone attending is encouraged to bring a donation for the cause.

The event announcement can be found at www.steltonwald.org for pricing and other details.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

As Always, In Service

THL Gabriel Hawkes