[SCA-BMDL] Pitt and CMU Activities Fairs

Ashley Capps arcapps at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 20:38:28 EDT 2009

Good evening,

Several people have been asking about the Pitt and CMU Activities Fairs. I
have decided to try something different from our usual approach to these
demos. I want to see if a smaller group of people can still attract and
retain the same numbers as when the barony descends upon Pitt. I thank
everyone for their interest, but I have contacted a group for the Pitt
Activity Fair. Just so it is published someplace: Fighting and Fencing will
NOT take place at Pitt on August 30th, it will REMAIN at WASHINGTON
BOULEVARD.

I will, however, open an all call for the CMU Activity Fair. The CMU
Activities Fair will take place September 2 from 4:30p-6:30p on the College
of Fine Arts Lawn. If you can come, please let me know. It is small and
there will not be space set aside for fighting or fencing. I will post
further details when I hear if we've actually managed to register. Watch
this list for updates.

Also, if organizing the annual College demos is something that you think you
would like to try or could do better, please see me about becoming the
Seneschal of the College of Cour d'Or. You do not have to be a student at
the Universities. The Seneschal needs to keep tabs on the status of the
Medieval Interest Group at Pitt and the SCA at CMU. He or she also will be
required to file quarterly reports with the kingdom Seneschal. The position
is as much or as little as you make it for it holds great potential. My term
is up in November and I do not seek a third term.

Thank you again,
Rosalia Iuliana Andere
Seneschal of the College of Cour d'Or