[SCA-BMDL] Hello From Minister of Youth

Val Corbin aeval4 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 19 20:35:32 EDT 2009

I would like to send out a great big Hello to BMDL.

I apologize to everyone that I have not been able to write before hand, or to send my greetings to the Althing.  Some personal stuff has come up, and Harley and I have been having some bad luck.  But hopefully soon it will all work out.

I am writing to say hello, And I was hoping we could start things going.
First off if you have a child who is 17 and under, and active in the SCA, or you would like them to be, please email me!  I am hoping to make a list of everyone who has children in BMDL first hand.  This way we can always alert you to special SCA children activities and events. And a way to get your input on what you and your kids would like to do!

I really hope this summer to start some new exciting activities.  First off I plan to be at every BMDL event with activites to do.   And not only that if you ever see me at an event I carry a bag of plenty with me, I have games, coloring books, and exciting things to do . (Having 3 kiddos of my own I need it anyways!) I also try to have busy things for older children, ex I had suduko games for the Oriental event handy.

I also plan on hopefully showing up at Fighter Practice (When our van gets fixed) during the Youth Combat days.  I plan on having activites with me and hopefully a table for childrens activites.  So if you want to fight, or have younger ones who need an activity, I can give them something to do. But realize, in no way will this be a babysitting job.  I am just planning on bringing things for the kiddos to do. (I do have my own 3 year old im going to have to chase around)
I also hope to have drinks and snacks for them. /Donations would be greatly appreciated.
Remember also the Archery range also has childrens bows.  So Sundays can be fun for everyone!  Not just adults.
* I will give an update when im able to start attending Practices

I also have many other ideas.  But first I need to hear from you. What do YOU want to see happen with the youth of BMDL?

Remember, I will need helpers who can get their clearances. "IT takes a village to Raise a child"  A chancellor Minor, or Youth Minister is not the person you leave your child with and go off on your own.  We need help too! And getting your clearance does not mean that you have to come help at every event. It just means that you could lend me a helping hand if i need it.

Everyone Please also remember the contest that is in the Allthing!  Sounds like its going to be a great deal of fun!

And if anyone needs information on childrens Garb, feel free to contact me.

Aíbell ingen Chernacháin
p.s. feel free to write me