[SCA-BMDL] cmu activities fair

Douglas Wade Needham cinnion at ka8zrt.com
Wed Sep 3 13:20:31 EDT 2008

I have a two-part meeting here at work (I work for the Parallel Data
Lab in the CIC), but I should be able to be up there for a brief
period, though in mundane clothes.  At least until I have to get on
the bus to go home.

- Cinnion

Quoting Dmitriy Ryaboy (dvryaboy at gmail.com):
> Here's the info I have:
>
> Dear Dmitriy
>
> I am happy to inform you that your organization, Society for Creative
> Anachronism,
> has been approved for a space at the Fall Activities Fair, September
> 3, 2008 from
> 4:30pm to 6:30pm on CFA Lawn (Rain location: Wiegand Gym, UC).
>
> Please check-in early (as early as 3:30 pm) for the Activities Fair at
> the Student
> Activities table, which will be marked with balloons. Your
> organization will receive
> instruction and the table assignment at the check-in table.  If your
> organization
> has not checked in by 4:45p.m., your table may be forfeited and given to an
> organization on the waiting list.
>
> I would like to remind you that you will not have access to electrical
> outlets and
> you may not bring a generator.  If you choose to bring a
> battery-operated stereo, we
> ask that the volume not interfere with the conversations happening at
> neighboring
> tables.
>
> Please review the Activities Fair website at
> http://www.cmu.edu/studentactivities/ActivitiesFair/ to review
> expectations and tips
> on how to have a successful Activities Fair.  If you noted a request to be near
> another organization, we will do our best to match groups' requests.  If you are
> willing to split a table, please inform me as soon as possible.  Our
> office would
> like to include as many or our recognized groups as possible.  Please note that
> there can be no changes to table arrangements past Friday, August 29, 2008.
>
> Thank you for your participation and I wish you a successful start to the spring
> semester.  If your organization has any questions, please feel free to
> contact me.
>
> Kaycee Palko
> Coordinator of Student Activities
>

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Cara & Char <charb at mail.connecttime.net> wrote:
> > Sir Dmitriy, one of your emails to us probably bounced since we never got
> > detailed instructions on checking in.  The CMU activities fair, though we
> > recognize it's great importance, has not traditionally been something us
> > working folk can attend.  I'm cc'ing myself and Byron about this since he is
> > off at 3pm today (we just found this out yesterday - he's working the early
> > shift), but he's already at work with no garb etc.  If you can contribute
> > any time (such as walk over and pull up the local website or SCA website on
> > your laptop assuming CMU campus has wireless), it would be wonderful.  If
> > there's a limited check-in that you miss and Byron can't do it, then that's
> > okay.
> > Thank you,
> > Ariella
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dmitriy Ryaboy" <dvryaboy at gmail.com>

Douglas Wade Needham - KA8ZRT        UN*X Consultant & UW/BSD kernel programmer
Email:  cinnion @ ka8zrt . com       http://www.ka8zrt.com
Disclaimer: My opinions are my own.  Since I don't want them, why
            should my employer, or anybody else for that matter!