[SCA-BMDL] cmu activities fair

L.J. Rodriguez rufinasca at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 13:12:52 EDT 2008

hmmmm.  couple things occur to me as a read this. and yes i know the demo is
over - i don't get to email every day...

1) this is a student demo. shouldn't students be at the table?

2) if we don't have enuf students from CMU to do the demo, do we have
students from PITT who could come up and do it? pitch it as a joint venture?

3) as someone who spent @20 years as a college student, i'm not sure that a
bunch of middle age people would attract students. for example the response
might be something like:  "look at that club! they look like my mom & dad!
i'm not interested in hanging out with old people!"  perhaps we should try
and people the table with folks who are at least CLOSE to college age?

4) have we attracted and kept anyone from these demos in recent years? not
saying we shouldn't try mind you, just wondering on the stats...

5) if we don't make attracting students one of our priorities, then we need
to attract other people from somewhere else, lest we die as an organization,
no?

6) are we a die-ing organization? (and yes, i know we are a dye-ing
organization ;)

this is just the thought processes that were spawned from reading about
student demos....

rufina