[SCA-BMDL] Newcomer question

Michael B. Greenstein greenstein at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 13 16:55:09 EDT 2008

>I've recently joined SCA, after having spent several years attending
>pennsic with my wife and daughter.  We're looking to be involved at the
>local level, and I'm trying to find out the best way to do that.

Hi, Gardner!  It might be helpful if you gave us an idea of what particular craft or activity interests you have, if any, so that in addition to general involvement at Barony Meeting and events you also can connect with those who share your specific interests.  Ours is a very active Barony, with many regular meetings and practices for those with shared interests; the list includes (in no particular order) dance, instrumental music, choir singing, brewing, fighting, fencing, archery, thrown weapons, costuming, ornamental stitchery, other performing arts, materials crafting (e.g., leather, wood, metal), cookery, calligraphy and illumination, and bookbinding.

I'm sure others can throw even more possibilities your way with but little effort.  Welcome to our merrily productive chaos!

- Michael