[SCA-BMDL] Newcomer question

Kaiser Andrew andrew.kaiser at bnymellon.com
Fri Aug 15 13:45:11 EDT 2008

Thanks:  to you - and to everyone who has sent over welcome and offers
of assistance.

For myself, I'm interested in exploring a number of different
activities.  I play a few instruments, and appreciate a good song, so
the bardic meeting is something I'm interested in.  I don't yet play any
period instruments, although I'm eagerly awaiting the construction of a
hurdy gurdy, which should be done sometime this winter.

I'm also hoping to try out the fighting.  I don't have any armor, and
have so far only watched,  but I'll stop by the Washington Blvd site in
the next few weeks and introduce myself.

I would not presume to speak for my wife (a dangerous practice), but she
is a talented seamstress, a lovely singer, graceful dancer  and all
around enthusiastic person.  I've forwarded along some of these notes to
her also.

My daughter is 9, and shares many of the craft interests with her
mother.  She also started shooting archery at Pennsic this year, and I'm
hoping there are opportunities for her to continue here at home.

Anyway, I'm just delighted to be seeing so much activity, and look
forward to meeting everyone soon.  We've gone to Pennsic for several
years, but that's the extent of my involvement and understanding of SCA.
I've felt like I'm missing something , as wonderful as that event is.
Hopefully, more consistent and dedicated involvement will turn those two
weeks into a time  to truly experience the pinnacle of various arts and
activities, not just as a temporary visitor.

cheers!
Gardner.