[SCA-BMDL] Niche event sizes was "Why is Purim so popular?"

Raven hraefnn at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 13:22:05 EST 2007

--- Erin Childs <wanderingpixie at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Also, from a practical standpoint, niche events tend
> to plan to be
> smaller (as far as I know) and therefore selling out
> is easier.

Very true.  Niche events are perceived as more risky
which leads to the number of attendees needed to break
even being smaller than for a "standard" event. From
what people have written so far, niche events appear
to be a welcome change.  Should autocrats for niche
events stop "hedging their bets"?

Warning: Shameless plea for donations approaching

BTW while Purim has no site fee, tables and chairs had
to be rented for the event.  Please consider donating
a dollar or two to offset that cost.

> don't know how the raw numbers of attendees compare
> to those of 'standard events'.

Less specialized events get about 100 people in this
barony. The first Vetr Thing and the Mongol event were
about the size of a "standard" event.  The second Vetr
Thing had about 170 people.  Purim has received
overwhelming interest.  This seems to indicate that
people are at least as interested (if not more so) in
niche events then "standard" events.

What kind of niche events would people like to attend?

Raven

And this above all to thine own self be true.
                                - Shakespeare, "Hamlet"