[SCA-BMDL] Big (50#) washers at self-serve laundry?

muirgens at aol.com muirgens at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 16:14:58 EDT 2007

Mistress Arianna is exactly right.  Tents are not "wash and wear".

I would go so far as saying that even IF something horrible has gotten
on it, don't subject it to anything more than water and a stiff brush.
MAYBE some diluted dishwashing liquid (like a teaspoon in 2+ gallons of
water) just on that part.  I have used dilute dish washing soap on the
mud flaps of our canvas tents (also home made) to get black mildew off
but ONLY on those parts.  I am not worried about the mud flaps being
waterproof as they go under the floor.  I suspect cleaning a small spot
on the body of the tent with it would not cause tremendous leakage in
the long run.

Is it possible for you to bring a mundane dome-home with you when you
come?  They are small to pack and if rain is threatening, you might be
able to take down and pack up the big tent early during your pack-out
(while the canvas is dry) and stay in the mundane tent for the last
night.  They also tend to be on sale this time of year.

Just a thought.

Morgen of Rye