[SCA-BMDL] Big (50#) washers at self-serve laundry?

Michael B. Greenstein greenstein at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 18 16:33:34 EDT 2007

> Mistress Arianna is exactly right.  Tents are not "wash and wear".

My lesson came during Pennsic 26, or thereabouts.  A certain gentle (not to
be named here, but now on vigil for his Pelican) had been kind enough to
loan me and my lady a large nylon tent.  At the time I accepted his generous
loan, I had fogotten completely that I had watched him put that same tent
into a washing machine after the previous War.

The next rainstorm saw me and my lady establishing a perimeter for a
relatively dry area within the tent, and building barricades of laundry to
keep the invading rivulets at bay.  Each lull in the storm gave us an
opportunity to wring and retrench.

Tents are not "wash and wear."

- Michael